Yes you can pick your turf up from Lilydale Instant Lawn. If you have a suitable vehicle you can pick up your pre-ordered & pre-paid turf from our Yarra Glen farm. Please note that the turf can be very heavy and vehicle load limits apply. Please feel free to Contact Us to discuss vehicle load limits. You will be required to sign a pick-up delivery waiver if you require us to load turf into your vehicle with our forklift.
For your Lilydale Instant Lawn pick up convenience, we have allocated times for daily pick ups. They are:
You will receive a FREE show bag with every delivery that includes; enough starter fertiliser for your ordered turf amount, garden gloves, Lawn Solutions coffee table book (provides all the aftercare advice you need to know for every season), keep off the lawn sign and peg to ensure passers-by know to watch their step, warranty certificate, step by step instructions for your instant turf and your chance to win a years worth of Lawn Solutions Fertiliser!!
*Please note that if you have ordered the Super Starter Pack with your turf, your organic fertiliser will be automatically upgraded to the premium Sir Launcher fertiliser.
It is advisable when preparing for your new Lilydale Instant Lawn that you have at least of 100mm of well worked soil.
1. Remove all existing grass, weeds, stones & other debris. Roundup or Glyphosate can be sprayed on your existing grass 7 days prior to any soil cultivation.
2. There are two ways in which a base of 100mm can be achieved. Firstly you can rotary hoe your existing soil if suitable, alternatively if you have minimal or poor soil you can add additional blended soil mix to your site. Your local garden supplier will advise the correct turf blend soil to use in your area.
3. Rake the entire area to ensure there is a smooth, even surface and allow between 20mm – 25mm below your path, driveway or garden for the thickness of our QWELTS.
1. Apply the Lilydale Instant Lawn starter fertiliser to your soil
Sprinkle the Starter Fertiliser evenly over your prepared area before you begin laying your turf.
2. Start laying your Lilydale Instant Lawn at your furthest point
Begin laying your QWELTS along a straight edge, such as a driveway or path.
Start laying your QWELTS in the furthest point & work your way backwards, which allows you not to walk on your new turf.
Lay your first row down end to end, laying the full QWELTS flat with the edges butted up together but not overlapping or squashed into each other otherwise you will use more turf than necessary, it will also cause the turf to dry out quickly & decreases the root to soil contact which is required for quicker establishment.
On the next row start with half a QWELT this will give you a brickwork laying pattern so that the joins are staggered.
On the third row, start with a full QWELT following the same pattern throughout your area.
You can cut and shape the QWELTS to conform to your area with a sharp steak knife or hedge shears.
3. Don’t throw turf offcuts away
With your remaining Instant Lawn off cuts don’t throw these away. When you have finished laying you will probably find there are a few unusual spaces to fill and these bits are perfect for that.
4. Watering your new Lilydale Instant Lawn
We advise to begin watering your lawn as soon as it has been laid. For bigger quantities of instant lawn, we advise that you begin watering once you have laid half or a smaller section of the turf. A thorough soaking of your Lilydale Instant Lawn is required (approx. 1000 litres per 100m2).
It is vital that your Lilydale Instant Lawn is kept moist until the root growth is established. This may be acheived by watering your lawn frequently. Once the roots have taken hold, watering can be eased off. Tank and grey water are great alternative water solution.
For all your irrigation advice please contact one of our specialist irrigation stores.
We are proud to work with a group of carefully hand picked professional Instant Lawn Installers who will be able to prepare and lay your Lilydale Instant Lawn for you. Contact Us for further details on the Instant Lawn Installer working in your area.